What Does a Producer do?
What does a Producer actually do? Veteran producers describe their multi-faceted role through all stages of filmmaking and why Producers matter.
- A creative producer guides the project’s vision from start to finish.
- When pitching a project, passion for the story and team will attract investors more than numbers and spreadsheets.
- Empathy and listening are essential skills for a creative producer.
- Conflict has many roots – including hunger. Keep your crew fed.
- Find people who believe in your mission and hold onto them as future collaborators.
Sundance Institute supports and champions independent artists because we believe their stories and perspectives are essential to a thriving, informed and connected society. We provide safe and nurturing spaces where artists can develop and share new work while building networks and community with one another.
Until now, this work has been done in live environments like our Sundance Film Festival or Labs. And our live events continue to be critical to our work. But we recognize that there are many exciting independent creators that cannot attend our programs in person.
Sundance Co//ab is our community platform for creators around the globe.